Wednesday, July 28, 2010

If Ignorance is Bliss, Some People Must Be Brimming With Joy


Let me start by saying that, those who are close to me know I am not perfect, and would be the last person to cast judgement on anybody. This is not meant to call anybody out, it is simply an example of something that in my eyes, is an unacceptable attitude. I do not know this person personally, nor will pretend to know what may have lead to this conclusion. Below is a thread that started from a simple status update, that simply shows how TMZ gotcha journalism takes precedence over our own people dying for you, and me. I will not name names, this is not to finger point at any one person, just an elaboration of my opinion.


STATUS (HOST): Lindsay Lohan-24, gets her name and face all over the news because she went to jail. Justin Allen-23, Brett Linley-29, Matthew Weikert-29, Justus Bartett-27, Dave Santos-21, Chase Stanley-21, Jesse Reed-26, Matthew Johnson-21, Zachary Fisher-24, Brandon King-23, Christopher Goeke-23, and Sheldon Tate-27, all gave their... lives for you this week in military service. Honor THEM by reposting this.

PERSON A:
Give their lives for me? I dont think so they gave their lives to the military cuz they chhose to . Besides why would anyone join the service we all know how America sucks when it comes to taking care of our own.

HOST: hey ***** no offense but the liberties we have in the US are because of the people that have sacrificed they're lives and families for our freedom. Some join the army because they need money for education and have no other way. They are still young men and women that should be honored not ridiculed for their choice to honor the country u and i and our children live in.

PERSON A: Belive me im not offended at all u speak your mind and i speak mine. And i wont stop being your friend cuz of that .

PERSON B (I love this): ***** it's pretty obvious what your whole problem is from what you wrote. You don't have the balls to join and should be thankful that your in a country where you can have a choice. It's because of jerks like you that our children may not have a choice and may just get drafted. This is coming from a woman who had the balls to enlist.

HOST: freedom aint it grand lol the freedom of debate, freedom of choice, freedom of speech....the freedom that my parents as immigrant came to this country for. sometimes we forget that.


Can you guess who I was talking about? Look, it is your right to say whatever you what to say, as it is mine. There is something that always bothers me, people fail to realize that there is a difference between your Government (politicians), and the men and women in the U.S. Armed Forces. While I do I agree that we could use some help in the "taking care of our own" department, to cast aside the sacrifices of others, while you watch your flat screen TV and stuff Cheetos into your face, is as disgraceful an act as simply spitting in their faces. You may not agree with our government, their policies, and even the reasons behind our occupation in an offensive capacity, I know I don't. That's okay, if you ask me, we owe our government NOTHING, but we owe those men and women EVERYTHING. It is because of their sacrifices, not mine, not yours, that we can even think about speaking publicly about such things. We should support the troops, NO MATTER WHAT! Hey, some of them don't want to be out there either, but they are, because they relinquished the luxury of choice. I should introduce this person to my Father, so that they can have a healthy debate on this subject (wink wink). So that he may look into the eyes of a real man, living with the real consequences of his service. I have written once before that it is okay to love your country, but not your government. This country, was built on the blood of those before us. Wasn't always the right way, and it wasn't always a just cause. But it presented us with the golden opportunities we have today, and for that we owe them respect. If America sucks so bad, there are plenty of other places to go. Hell I'll buy your plane ticket, but we all know you won't leave.

2 comments: