Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Thank Your Veterans

Today is a day to remember those among us who served our country. The sons, fathers, mothers, daughters, and friends that rose up when called upon ready to pay the ultimate price, to protect our rights.

My Grandfathers both served in WW2, and Korea. My Father and Uncle served in Vietnam. I also have known many of my own friends that served in the Gulf War. My Brother was a Marine, my Aunt was in the Air Force, one of my friends and my Cousin, are serving in the Army right now.

For their, and your service, I am forever in your debt.

Lost in all of these media driven feeding frenzies is the fact that, while you may not agree with the reason behind the conflict, our brothers and sisters in the service don't have the luxury of choice, they receive orders, and they follow orders, whether they agree with it or not. For this they deserve even more respect, for putting themselves aside to unconditionally serve our country.

So if you have a chance, thank your Veterans. It will mean more than you think, just to hear the words "thank you".

Some may have never heard it before.

No comments:

Post a Comment