Thursday, November 19, 2009

Hindsight Is Always 20/20

This is the time of year where it seems like every week there's a holiday. With Thanksgiving coming up, I see alot of my friends on Facebook, posting something that they are thankful for everyday in their status updates. That in itself has go to be challenging, and very cool I might add, at least it gets you to think.

Then it did get me to think, and I'm sure most of you have thought this at one time or another;

Why should it take Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentine's Day, etc., to become grateful and kind to others?

Let me get this out of the way and say I am just as guilty as the next person when it comes to this. In fact, I just wrote a blog for Veterans Day, that kind of outlines my own involvement in such practices, and I'm the son a of a Vet. Also, this is not to implicate anyone of my friends being any different on any given day, I guess it has more of an effect on encounters with strangers than anything.

It's just interesting to see how people show the potential to behave, well, like people because that time of the year says so.

Isn't that just conformity?

No comments:

Post a Comment